Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Wants 2

This Weedend Wants is coming in a bit late (sorry) but it's still the weekend, so I'm safe.

Something I collect: White House ornaments. We mom, Katie and I visited DC together in 2006, we each bought a few of these ornaments at the White House Visitor's Center, just around the corner from the White House.  Each year, a new ornament is created and sold.  I have about 8 at this point and I adore each one of them.  I've tried to catch up with some of the older ones, but they are becoming harder to find. And I didn't get this year's!! So add to my list of ornaments I need to catch up on, 2010!

I also like the Secret Service ornaments, because they usually feature a Christmas Tree and the White House in some way, shape or form. Again, one design a year is created.  I have very few of them and I know I just counted them in the total up there... oops! 



I didn't do it this year, but last year I had a small tree with nothing but my White House/Secret Service ornaments on it, and loved it! This year, I displayed most of them in my china cabinet, away from Muffin's batting paws.  It's one of those things that make me extremely happy! :)

Websites to learn more:
My advice: be very careful when you purchase these items, as many people have no idea which is the White House ornament and which is a Secret Service ornament. So do a little research before you start buying to make sure you are getting what you want! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...