Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cabin Fever.

As you know, the South has experience Wintergeddon 2011 and we are all losing our minds. I only stepped out on the porch today to take a few pictures. Otherwise, I haven't left the house. Not to go visit with my sister. Not to go visit with my mom. I've been a hermit. A productive hermit, as I've cleaned, swept, Swiffered and mopped. But now I'm BORED!  We didn't get above freezing today so this mess is still sticking around. And I'm SOOOO ready to get out of this house.

Since I was stranded, I decided to try the Sweet Potato Pancake Mix I had purchased the other day. Immediately I discovered a problem: it says to set the griddle to 400 degrees and I don't have one of those. So I used the nonstick skillet and may have set it a bit too high. Burned pancakes are still ok if you smoother them in peanut butter and syrup.

I opened my syrup that I got at my housewarming and discovered a cute syrup smiley inside! I loved it! What great marketing from someone. :)

I'm so excited for my friend, Paulene, who is an amazing designer!! She has been featured on several crafty blogs for her Etsy store - Leen Machine, which sells "paper goodness." She's on the front page of OvationTV.com for her 2011 calendar. Wow. I feel like I know someone famous. She's my go-to girl for gifts because her stationary is so pretty and can be personlized. A great gift idea for just about any reason. (From my 8-year-old niece to my 50+-year-old co-worker!) AND she designed my sister's wedding invitation, which was just AWESOME. I'm so happy to see her success. :)  So go visit her - NOW! It's worth it, seriously, it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...