Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Friends. And Plates.

One of the greatest blessings on this earth are really good friends and I'm thankful to have a few.  Today has been an emotional day, but spending part of it with my BFF makes the difficult times more bearable.  And just thinking of the others I have out there, my support group of peeps, makes my burden lighter. So thanks friends, I love you dearly!

A few years back, I convinced my sister, BFF and her husband to make plates to use during our Monday night suppers/game night. I still have my plate, which my 8-year-old niece discovered several months ago, and now she wants one. Last weekend, we used the Makit Plate kit and she will have her very own personilzed plate soon. We also created one for her dad's birthday in April, giving everyone in her household a personlized plate.


My plate! Fuzzy b/c the plate
wouldn't fit on the scanner!
OK, in case you have no idea what I'm talking about - Makit Plate Kits are basically round sheets of special paper that you use washable markers on to design your masterpiece. Mail it off to the company and they send you back a melmac plate (dishwasher safe!) with your awesome artwork. Click on my plate to link to their website.
What my niece doesn't know is I'm making a family "birthday plate" so that whoever is celebrating their birthday will have their cake served on the special Birthday Plate. I'm looking forward to starting this new family tradition, starting with her birthday.

I can't tell you how much I love these plates and the ideas of plated artwork forever - as long as you don't put them in the microwave....

While I was searching for the right website, I accidently found this place:  Make It Crafts. I'll be the first to admit I know NOTHING about them, but found the small craft ideas cute. And great for lazy people like me who do not want to end up in a craft store buying a bunch of lace, ribbon, etc just to make one beaded heart. Maybe it will work out for you (and me!).

Because I have stayed up late many nights in a row, it's time for me to go to bed. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...