Monday, January 24, 2011

A day.

Oh my, was my Monday a day.  It's my own fault, really, because I'm notorius for putting things off that I know I need to do, then cramming it in at the last minute. This was the case with my article for a local paper/magazine that I write for on the side.  I'm usually always late turning in my article for the month. This month was no different (although I discovered later I was actually 2 days early! Shocker!)

I lost a very good friend almost two years ago and just didn't realize how I hadn't really dealt with missing him until I tried to write about circumstances involving his death. So here I am at work, trying to snatch minutes here and there to compose a very emotional article and it just put me through the wringer. Unfortunately, the way my day was, I kept having to put it down and pick it back up off and on all day, so that I was on a roller coaster ride of ups and downs.

But I finished it. I don't feel like I did it justice but it's turned in. And early! And I feel better having shared the story with readers across the county, hopefully impacting someone's life in the long-term. I'll share it here later, just not today.

For now, it's 11:23 p.m. and I'm past my bedtime. I'm going to wash the glue stick off my fingers (from making cards) and snuggle into my electric blanket warmed bed for the night. And say thanks for the friends in my life and the family God blessed me with - and the time I've been given with both.

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...