Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Life at a Distance.

I'm hopelessly addicted to OPB - Other People's Blogs.  OPB gives me the perfect opportunity to dive into other people's lives and yet, not really participate in those lives.  But it's now a compulsion, I must click on "Next Blog" at the top of the page and read whatever comes up.  Provided it's in a language I understand. The most recent one was in German and the lady was an incredibly talented knitter. She even did an entire fashionable dress! And she had a cat, so you knew she was a great person. Just couldn't understand a dang word she said. Or wrote, rather.

But I do love seeing the crafts and recipes, the baby pictures and happy families. I worry about the sad people, those who have lost so much, their loved ones, their children, their jobs, their basic grip with this life. They struggle with cancer or stand by someone they love who is battling it. Some are dark. Those concern me.  And after a while, I have to click "Next Blog" and leave them behind.

Every once in a while I find someone I want to follow and I do. You can find those in my profile. I think I'm right about this - my brother managed to find a lot more on this website than I did! But you can nose into others' lives like I did. Or just keep coming back here and nosing into mine - I don't mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...