Sunday, January 23, 2011

Photos from the weekend



Me &
Paulene & Katie
Ok, so the promised pics from our quickie trip this weekend.  The first two involve our friend, Paulene. She is an amazing designer and, in fact, designed Katie's wedding invitations. They were so very awesome, and so very Katie-like!  Designed just for her. :)  Paulene is one of those things that just makes you happy.  

One of the reasons I love Charleston is because it's just a beautiful city. The colors, the history, and design just all blend together to create amazing scenery everywhere you look.  If I'm not mistaken, and hopefully I'm not lying to you, nothing can be taller than the church steeples in Charleston. Or maybe it's just one particular one? Anyway, It's just cool.   


I know I gushed on and on about our hotel. But we REALLY did like it. It wasn't perfect - they really need to update their bathrooms (if I have to take the back off the toilet to perform surgery, you need to update!). All in all, it was so peacefully, beautiful and relaxing. And everyone was SO DANG NICE!

We did run out to the beach, which, as I mentioned before, involved every bridge in Charleston, including the newer Ravenel (I know I butchered that spelling, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now!) This replaced the old Cooper River Bridges. Those were some more creepy bridges to drive over, but these just aren't quite the same in the skyline like those old ones were.

While we were there, they were calling for a 15-20% chance of a wintery mix. WHAT? Crazy. We froze our behinds off despite being bundled up. Guess that's what I get for not watching the weather.

Ah! Katie just walked over - so let's interview her. Katie, what was your favorite part of the trip?  BREAKFAST! (see, I told ya'll it was worth going to Charleston for the breakfast alone!).  Katie enjoyed it because she didn't have to do any prep or clean up. And she didn't have to take the dog out. Or clean up dog poop. :)

KT says Folly Beach was beautiful and having the city all to ourselves was awesome and the coffee at Kaminsky's is TO DIE FOR!  :) 

2 comments:

  1. I love that I'm a thing that makes happiness. haha, so glad you two dropped by! OH, and I so need to go to Kaminskys!!! My sister has talked about it too and wondered why the heck she's never taken me there! Looks so divine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. You haven't been to Kaminsky's?? WOMAN! Go. This weekend. Seriously! Wowwww.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...