Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sniffle Moments.

My sister made me cry today. Not just a oh-let-me-dab-at-my-eyes moment. But a snotty, red eyes and red nose cry. All because of her gift for my housewarming. Katie lives in what was my Grandmother's house and I live directly beside her in my Great-Grandmother's house. Grandma loved to see in her chair by the window or on her porch and observe everyone's comings and goings. It was a running joke in the family.

When I read this card, that's when it all tore loose:

Dear Leroy, (this is my family nickname)
Happy Housewarming! I hope you have many happy wonderful years in your house! I know Grandma would have been so happy to have had you next door - if for no other reason than the entertainment factor from keeping an eye on you! I found this pillowcase that Grandma had started just after your Wyatt housewarming and I knew I had to finish it out for you.  I know there is no one she would have rather had it than you.  I love you and I'm so happy you are more than just a sister, but also my closest friend and now neighbor!
Love you Leroy!
Katie

OH my gosh, I'm crying just reading it now. My grandmother was so very dear to me. Just a wonderful lady and to have the last pillowcase she worked on... on my gosh. I can't explain what it means to me. But to have a pillowcase with stitches from both Grandma and Katie, man, it's just very touching.

I did have a wonderful housewarming filled with family and friends! I so enjoy visiting with people, so it tickles me when I get the chance. And I will post pictures of my house, the before and after shots, hopefully tomorrow. For tonight, I'm exhausted and I'm heading for bed!

1 comment:

  1. WOW - What a wonderful family memory and cherished gift. Your sister is the best!!
    I too wish you many years of joy in your new home!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...