Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Wants - and Updates

I am excited to finally be able to share with you my Valentines!  I mailed them out this past week and most people have already received them.  I found so much joy in making them, but more joy in seeing how touched some people are to receive a bit of thoughtfulness in the mail. That is what makes it all special to me.

So here are a few examples:




I had all these scraps of paper left over from another project, so I just used them up by gluing them to card stock.  I did have to buy invitation envelopes and they didn't fit right, but who cares? It's the thought that counts.  And I'm too impatient to make my own envelopes. :) I'm so tickled that they brought joy to my friends! I hope this can count in the appreciation lifestyle change - I'm counting it as Appreciating Friends! :)

I greatly appreciate one friend who talked to me tonight until I fell asleep in the bathtub, made me laugh and smile when I needed it without asking any questions.  Thanks friend!! I needed that today! :)

On to my Weekend Wants.  Sometimes I find it hard to think of a Weekend Want because I'm not an overly materialistic person.  But I know one thing I want... LANDSCAPING.  I've been daydreaming of decent landscaping for a while now, waiting for the cold weather to subside and allow me to plant something.  Not saying I enjoy yard word. I. Do. Not. But I do want cuteness.

Here is one thing on my list right now:

 

Variegated Weigela.  I've never heard of it, but I found a picture in the coupons linking you to this website: http://www.springhillnursery.com/.  They have all kinds of stuff I daydream of having in my yard one day. *sigh* But this pretty pink plant just seemed to call my name. I might make a row of them against the road- block out traffic noise and look so pretty when I walk out of my door in the mornings! :)

Ok, because I've been struggling for a week with an out-of-whack-back, I'm taking meds and going to bed. Night night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...