Saturday, October 19, 2013

31Days-Busybodies

"Count it as a blessing when you suffer for being Christian. This shows that God's glorious spirit is within you. But you deserve to suffer if you are a murderer, a thief, a crook, or a busybody."  1 Peter 4:14-15

After being very hurt by a busybody friend, I read this passage and realized it applied to me, too. I can't say I don't regularly stick my nose in other people's business - which is exactly where it doesn't belong. I also equate busybodies with gossips...spreading about tidbits of information try have no business spreading. 

It's shocking to see busybodies mentioned in the same breath as murderers, thieves and crooks. But I believe busybodies can do more damage than thieves and crooks. Their meddling into affairs that do not concern them hurt us to our core, where it sometimes never heals. It's so much more painful than stolen materialistic items. 

This is one of those things I'm constantly struggling with, to be honest with you. It makes me a very ugly slimed person when I stoop to gossiping and meddling. I pray about this often. This verse makes me realize I open my mouth far too often: 

"Be beautiful in your heart by being gentle and quiet. This kind of beauty will last and God considers it very special." Peter 3:4

If this something you struggle with, too, I pray you'll seek God's guidance and strength in overcoming this weakness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...