Sunday, October 6, 2013

31 Days - Day 5 : Send in the Whales


Dad and I had a very short but interesting conversation yesterday about people making mistakes. My thoughts are that everything happens for a reason and God has more insider knowledge about what is going on than we do. While Dad agrees, he believes God also lets you make your own stupid mistakes. 

Lol. Well, I can't disagree. Looking at my own life, I'd say God wasn't too happy with many of my choices and decisions. But, it's those times in life that I grew, I learned, and I eventually drew closer to Him. 

So I was replaying the convo in my head this morning and thought of Jonah. Jonah made a poor choice that wasn't fitting with what God had told him to do - it didn't fit with God's plan. So, God sent a whale to swallow Jonah and put him back in the right path. Probably not as happy and friendly of an experience as pictured here, but you get the picture. 

I think if you are prayerfully seeking God's will for you, you ask to be led in the right direction, He will guide you down the right path. And if you make choices without prayerful consideration and go the wrong way, there will be consequences but God never leaves you. And He will use the mistakes to continue His plans. His plans will not be thwarted. It's about having faith that God's will is the best for you. Remember, He has more knowledge than we do so why would we assume we knew more? 

Some Sunday morning thoughts for you :). See you tomorrow for more of the 31 Days adventure! 

31 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...