Tuesday, October 8, 2013

31 Days - Day 7 : The Notebook.



Yes, I know this picture is crooked as all get out.  It's actually better than the original, sadly. 

Anyway, this is my notebook. It's small, 4" x 6" and fits perfectly into my purse.  My pen pal friend in Louisiana sent it to me and I immediately knew what I wanted to use it for - scripture. She is a wonderfully encouraging Christian woman - so fitting her gift would be about encouragement and growth, too. 


Inside I have written verses from the Bible that have caught my eye or spoken to me at that moment. I've taken notes from devotionals, scribbles quotes from various people - things that have touched my heart, my emotions, my life.  Just bits and pieces that are nice to have around in a dark moment or to share when someone else needs a pick-me-up.  

"Let your hope make you glad.  Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying." Romans 12:12

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."  Proverbs 3:5

"Our prayers may be awkward.  Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the One who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference."  Max Lucado

"A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger."  Proverbs 15:1 (I should have read this earlier today. *sigh*)

"Everyone should be slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."  James 1:19-20

"Seek God's will in all you do, and He will show you the path to take."  Proverbs 3:6

And one of my Favorites: 
"Don't worry about anything but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God."  Philippians 4:4-9

While my faith is always with me, I do find it so helpful to have tangible words at my fingertips to encourage me along the way.  To still my fears, to build my faith, to remind me of the direction I should be pointing. :)

31 Days


1 comment:

  1. Love it. That is the perfect use for that perfect little notebook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...