Wednesday, October 16, 2013

31Days-Day 14 : Cha-Ching!

Usually when I get into my car at night, I have to readjust all the mirrors. My best time is morning time and I'm sitting up taller in my seat. Afternoon/evenings are evil to me and all the mirrors have to be moved down.

Tonight was different. Tonight I had my final Financial Peace University class and I was energized afterwards. Even sick as a dog, I was excited! The last session was a smack to the face and an abrupt change in my thinking. 

See, all this time I've thought about how hard I work for my money. I'm worth more money. I need more money. I'll never make ends meet in this money. 

And the reality is this:It ain't my money. 

This is God's money, every penny. He has given me the responsibly to take care of his money for Him. 10% off the top for my church. Not "Christian related ministries," but for my church. Above that are offerings which are also good. 

But bigger than the 10% is the fact wasteful spending of my money is wasteful spending of God's money. 

God has a very specific plan concerning finances. This isn't a program that's taking a shot in the dark. It's very Biblical based and it's about following God's instructions. 

And it isn't about hoarding the money you have, but becoming able to give it away. I am so wanting to hit that point - to be able to better impact others lives thanks to the Lord's blessing. 

As Dave Ramsey put it, God is a giver. He gave us His only son. What could be a bigger gift than that? So we, who are made in His image, should be givers, too. 

I hope if you are in a church, you are tithing. It's a direct instruction from God. It's the first item out of the paycheck. Don't skimp on this one. 10%. 

And I hope you'll consider the Dave Ramsey class, to learn how to prioritize so you can give back some of what has been given to you. 

With much love, 
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...