Thursday, October 17, 2013

31 Days - Day 15 : Courage

source
Oh my.  I'm confessing I'm more of a cowardly lion that a courageous beast.  I do not use the word, "Courage," to describe me in the least.  I'm one of those that usually will take the well-worn path over trying something new because of the fear of failure.  It's not very exciting on my part.

But a friend of mine has had to look uncertainty and confrontation in the face lately.  She's prayed a lot, tried to find God's path for herself and leaned on Him during a trying time. The Bible verses she shared with me spoke of a woman that is very different than myself.

"Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do no panic before them.  For they Lord your God will personally go ahead of you.  He will neither fail you nor abandon you."
           Deuteronomy 31:6

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."  Proverbs 31:25

"But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded."  2 Chronicles 15:7

"This is my command - be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you."  Joshua 1:9

Do you see a theme here? I mean, seriously, God doesn't want us to let fear hold us back but to have faith and trust in Him! If we are talking to God, listening to Him and asking for His guidance in every decision we make, we should feel confident in our ventures and have faith that God will never leave our side.

I'm realizing by holding back and being afraid, I'm limiting what I allow God to do in my life and what He can do with my life.  So hopefully I can let go of the reigns, where I pretend like I'm always in control, and hand them over to God to use me as He wills.

Start at the beginning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...