Thursday, October 31, 2013

31 Days

I've given up on counting what day I'm on because I haven't been writing much lately.

One of the things that has really stuck out to me about faith and God is how powerful His word is. As I've been scrolling through Facebook or Instagram or looking into my devotionals, verses just jump out at me for various reasons.

Sometimes, is the healing words and sometimes is the call to action.  The words of encouragement and the words of direction.  So many wonderful powerful messages to be found. So here are a few from this past week:

James 3:9-10
My dear friends, with our tongues we speak both praises and curses.  We praise our Lord and Father, and we curse people who were created to be like God, and this isn't right.

Isaiah 26:4
So always trust the Lord because He is forever our might rock.

Proverbs 12:25
Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

(A quote by Marian Jordan Ellis)
God's best is worth fighting for, worth waiting for and worth praying for.

I'm so thankful for those of you who post quotes and verses that are speaking to you because often those are hitting me right in the heart as well.  :)  That's the way God works at times!

1 comment:

  1. You did a far better job than I would have at posting for 31 straight days. I don't even want to think about it! Thank you for your encouragement through the verses and your experiences for the past month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...