Sunday, October 20, 2013

31 Days - thanks

One thing I haven't done enough of here is give thanks for the blessings. You know I'm like everyone else and I'm always asking for something. Lately it's been prayers for my aunt who had serious surgery last week. While it went well, her heart did odd things resulting in an emergency pacemaker. Scary stuff. God has her doing much better today, out of ICU and into a regular room. More surgery scheduled for Wednesday.

Another aunt is going through reconstructive surgery tomorrow after her breast cancer surgery. But she is doing well and hanging in there. Another answered prayer. Dad is doing well, mom's foot is healing. Answered prayers. 

Of course I get nos sometimes, and a quiet spell sometimes. And looking back, most of the nos I'm thankful for today. Others I realize I can't see the bigger picture and have to have faith in God. 

Is that easy? No, not always. Sometimes I'm holding on to the thought that God is forever by my side and that's what pulls me along. Other times I lose sight of Him and need a reminder that I'm not alone. Ever. 

But even when my vision gets blurry and I lose sight of Him, God picks me up ad keeps on carrying me. Thanks goodness. If our relationship was dependent on MY faithfulness, I'd be in trouble! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful, too, that your aunt is doing well. Lovely thankful post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...