Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Goodness in the Form of BREAD.

Have I mentioned I LOVE AUTUMN?! Love it. Love the smells, the crisp air that breathes life back into my lungs and the colors - holy cow the awesome and amazing colors. Brilliant colors of orange and yellow and red, dark browns that make it all seem vibrant. *sigh* I need to go jump into a pile of leaves.

But, since there are no pile of leaves around here, I settled for baking yummy pumpkin bread this weekend! I'm not an expert cook by any means and my attention span rarely allows me to follow recipes correctly. I freak out and want to follow it to the letter, but end up getting distracted and sometimes spill more of this or that into the batter. So Bethie like.


I wanted to make my house smell like autumn, so PUMPKIN BREAD it is! I didn't have two loaf pans in the Caphlon (oops) so I used an anique depression glass one for the second loaf. I think it worked out just fine and thanks to the handy dandy Baker's Joy floured spray, they both popped out with no problems.

I just so happened to have some left over cream cheese icing from another baking project and I'm sorry, but I just cannot possibly toss the leftovers from THAT out the door. So I just added a bit to a big thick slice of pumpkin bread and YUM YUM GOOD. 


Am I a freak for lovin' the way the cracked open tops look? I think it just seems like the goodness could no longer be contained and it just exploded right open into yummy bread goodness!  And I still love my plates, more than a year later. Every time I use them it makes me happy. :)

*sigh* I just might have to saw me off a slice and chow down righ this moment... Yuuummm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...