Friday, October 28, 2011

Cold Weather is Coming...

Here it is, the end of October, and our days here have been hoovering close to 80 degrees. We are all wanting cooler weather (not cold, mind you, just cooler) because it just doesn't feel like autumn with sweat on our brows. 

I have been so desperate for the autumn feeling, I subjected Gary to a hot steaming pot of veggie beef soup this week.  Holy cow, I was hot from head to toe by the time this stuff finished cooking, plus the cornbread (because let's get real, you can't have veggie beef soup without cornbread or grilled cheese sandwiches).  I will have to admit, for not having a clue what I was doing, it was yummy in my tummy. 

I packed up the leftovers for my parents and my sister & brother-in-law who was sick as a dog with a cold.  So yes, it was 80 degrees outside, but all of us were eating cold-weather-veggie-soup.

This weekend, however, rumor has it we are doing to get chilly. Tomorrow, a high of 58 with rain? Think I better stop by the store and pick up some more fixings for another round of soup!  And maybe add a blanket and turn on the heat instead of running the AC. Just in time for November, we'll get some seasonal weather. :)

On another note, with the cooler weather at night we have seen fantastic starry nights out here in the country. (Our days are hot, but the nights are just cool enough to be perfect.)  The night of the meteor shower, I headed outside to wish on falling stars shooting across the sky. It was beautiful. Awe inspiring. Lovely. The next night (soup night!) Gary and I headed back out to a crystal clear midnight blue blanket with millions of glittering diamonds, only to see two more shooting stars! So wonderful.

Which leads me into another subject: romance.  Like my friend said about me this week:  I don't need expensive jewelry, exotic flowers or anything else that lightens your pockets to make me feel special.  The romance in a field of wildflowers or a starlit night is more beautiful than anything money can buy. So fellas, remember that.  Give your woman some romance and make her feel like you've given her the world. :)

Have a great weekend, my friends, and bundle up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...