Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Grabbing Opportunities - Autumn.

I read in a book (well, a trash novel) about this lady who knew she was dying. Cancer or something terminal, I don't remember the details.  She was surrounded by the people she loved who were living in her home - husband, 30+-year-old "son"/nephew they had adopted as their son as a child, and 30+-year-old personal assistant to the sick lady.  They all attended mandatory in-home art lessons, tap lessons, etc etc.

Yes, I know, who can have that lifestyle, sick or not? But one thing she required for everyone in the house to participate in happened nightly:  to stop whatever you were doing and enjoy a glass of wine while watching the sunset. 

This weekend, just so happened my man had Saturday night off from work.  And just so happened Saturday was the peak for the beautiful autumn colors in the Blue Ridge Mountains. So instead of going home to sleep and doing those chores we all have hanging over our heads, Gary and I take off for the Blue Ridge Parkway to enjoy overlook after overlook of beautiful leaves. At the end of our evening we had an amazing sunset that made me think:  none of us knows when our last sunset will be, so maybe we should stop and enjoy every one, too.  :) 


Seriously. Look at that photo and then try to convince me this sight doesn't take your breath away.


Hills layered on hills of color after color.  Orange, yellow, red, green and of course, the blue tint of the mountains.


I love the fence included in this picture. The rock that the kids were sitting on in a previous post is just to the right of that last fence post, barely out of sight.


Although I drove most of the day (and I was very proud of myself for driving on the Parkway!) this is one of those times I turned the driving over to him and enjoyed taking a few pictures. 

And one pic of the man who skipped sleep to go on an adventure with me. :)  He was a tired puppy by the end of that day, but I hope he found it worth it. I know I did! God is an amazing artist. :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! We really do need to take time to enjoy what nature has to offer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...