Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lewis Grizzard

Katie's Apple Blossoms in the Evening

Springtime is the land awakening.  The March winds are the morning yawn. 
~Quoted by Lewis Grizzard in Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I Love You


Oh my gosh, you just have to LOVE Lewis Grizzard. I remember my Daddy reading book after book of good ol' Lewis. Hate he's now gone.  There was an actor that really did a jam up job of imitating Lewis Grizzard and he'd do a one-person performace on stage as if he were Lewis Grizzard. It's one of the only times I can remember getting Daddy to leave the house in the evening without Mama - Katie and I packed him up and headed for the show, leaving Mom behind at the house. I can't remember why she didn't go, but I do remember how much he thourgoughly enjoyed every minute of it. There is a Patsy Cline one similar that I'd like to take him to, but I don't see me being able to get him out of the recliner for it.

What a great memory, brought on by a quote to narrate my photo. Happy Thursday, ya'll! Enjoy Spring while it is here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...