Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sugary Sweet.

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day - blue skies and temps that didn't require a coat. Thank goodness! Everyone around here is sick of snow and ice! Melt baby, melt! Shopping trip with my friend and a visit to one of my favorite men. He's handsome, sweet, always smiling when I see him, loving and gentle.  I adore him. And he is... my best friend's grandfather, Pa Boots. Seeing him always makes me happy, so I was tickled pink to see him today.

All this inspired me to attempt cooking today. I'll be the first to tell you - I can't cook, don't really know how to cook and rarely feel the urge to whip up something in the kitchen. But Santa brought me this great church cookbook (Southern churches make the BEST cookbooks!).  So I decided to try Mini Maraschino Cherry Muffins, submitted by Mack J. Falls.

Don't talk to me about the search for maraschino cherries in Wal-Mart. We don't need to go there. Grr.

So it takes me no time at all to have pretty pink batter ready to fill 24 mini muffin cups. As I'm making this, I'm thinking - wow, how perfect for a baby shower! Pink cupcakes/muffins - how adorable! And it has a cherry glaze, which should make it yummy.

I didn't let the fact that I don't have wire cooling racks deter me from my mission. I figured - EH, who needs cooling racks? Popped them in the oven for 15 minutes and pulled them out, all cute and pink puffies.  It said to immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Again, I have no wire rack so onto a random plate they went.

The next thing - drizzle cherry glaze over warm muffins. Maybe warm and hot are two different things, because my glaze went everywhere and looks like a drunken monkey has attempt to create muffins. It became a slippery pink mess.  I transferred all muffins to a new plate because they were swimming in cherry glaze. 

So maybe if you are more patient than me and have wire racks to do this thing right, they'd be adorable for a baby shower! Or maybe do some pink frosting instead? This glaze thing is a pain.

Tomorrow's attempt is Flaky Deli Slices - another by Mack J. Falls. I don't know who this guy is, but I need to find out if he's married!

Now I'm hungry and I don't want anything sweet! Think I'll go raid the pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...