Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Every Day in May

Can I seriously blog every stinkin' day in the month of May? and do I really want to? Hm... well, I'm going to try.  I don't know what I'll talk about every day, but join me for the ride and let's see what happens. 

I had this really good chat with my brother today.  He's older by four years, been married 9 years in June and he's typically very funny. It's rare you'll get him serious. Not sure how we started talking about the fact that I'm single, but he said this - he couldn't imagine his life without his wife. Not that she's perfect or he's perfect, not that they don't have things they fight about or whatever, but that together they are it. And I totally agree, together they are one unit in life. And he said he really wanted that for me, too. 

*sigh* 

I do, too.  (He cracked me up when he said - something better than the last two I had in my life. HAHAHA! Ok, I totally agree!) I'm old ya'll, I'll be 38 this year and I get so sick of the "if-she-isn't-married-by-now-there-must-be-something-wrong-with-her" joke (I guess it would be better if I were divorced??). I don't want to date random guys and go through the whole let's-get-to-know-you routine. I don't want a honeymoon stage that leads to daydreams only to be let down after 3-6 months. 

What do I want? Heck, I don't really know that. I guess I'm better at saying what I don't want. HA! But I really don't want to make a mistake. 

Seriously, I'll let you in on a secret. While I love seeing all of you in the big puffy wedding gowns for your profile pics, and while I love seeing everyone's tummies growing with their children, sometimes it makes me sad. I know your life isn't perfect. But it's the path I thought I would be taking only to find out that wasn't the plan for me. 

Many a person has told me they envy what I have in being single and on my own. I have a good life. I like my freedom.  Not sure how I'd take having to give it up one day and accommodate someone else's feelings, needs, wants, etc. because I'm kinda used to doing whatever I want to do without consulting anyone else. But maybe one day someone will change that... Guess I'll just have to wait and see what God has in store for me. 

2 comments:

  1. I dislike it when married/taken people say that they "envy" single people. Why are they staying in these marriages/relationships if they are so unhappy?

    I have been with my husband for three years (married for two of them), but I was the one lonely single girl before that. I know where you are coming from. My husband was my first real boyfriend.

    Basically, I believe that if you are really in love, it shouldn't be a dreadful experience, where you are "giving up" a life. You are creating a beautiful new life with someone. I am not saying that you won't make some changes for them here and there. You might move somewhere because of their job, etc. But it is part of your journey together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly believe that He has a purpose for you. And it is ALL in His timing and when YOU are ready. One of these days, you will make one man so happy...and he will tell you that you have changed his life, made it better and he can't imagine a life without you in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...