Thursday, January 29, 2015

Mondays. Thursdays. Whatever!

I have had this post sitting in save since MONDAY.  Just ridiculous. I finally deleted it and started over. :)

So - happy almost weekend, folks! I can't tell you how happy I am that the week has calmed down some for me. You know I asked for my boring life to be reinstated and we are getting there! I like boring! Because when it isn't boring, my family is having medical drama. So boring is GREAT!

I'm actually surprised how much I've been posting on Instagram lately and thought I'd share some of my photos here with you.  It does kinda show you what I've been up to. I know I posted the buttons pic, but I'm in love with it, so I'm posting it again.

Now I want to do an initial one for the aunt that gave me all these buttons AND hemmed four pairs of pants AND took in the waist on two (no, don't think I'm losing weight, they've been big from the get go)... and I need her to hem some shirts where the hems are ripping out. *smile* I love my family!

I saw this on Pintrest where you fold felt in half, sew the folded side, flip it over and sew the open side and cut every inch or so.  It works! But what am I going to do with all these random hearts? They made a cute banner with it, but I'm probably just going to trash mine.  I had to see if it works, and it does! Now I'm done with it.

Last week, I had training classes for one of our elections.  I didn't see many of my workers last year because I had help covering the training classes (which I'm so very very thankful for!), but I missed my peeps! So it was really nice to see some of them again.

Ya'll know I got a sewing machine for Christmas... I finally took it out and set it on the dining room table.  A few weeks later, I threaded it! I know, amazing! So I had this baby quilt kit for beginners from Fabric Editions - I won it from them! (you can buy the same thing at Walmart).  It took just about my entire Saturday, but I DID IT! And I was actually pretty proud of it - planned on giving it to a lady in our church expecting her first child! ... ... AND then Macy saw it and claimed it for her own. Bye Bye gift, guess I have to find something else.

The election happened this week and it doesn't matter how large or how small - you never sleep the night before an election. It's this crazy paranoia you will sleep past the alarm and THE WORLD WILL END.  So I was awake about every hour... but at this point I finally got up and got ready. That would be AM. So evil.

 And we'll wrap it up with this little Sweet Niece, who saw her daddy and pawpaw in hats and she wanted a hat, too! She ran to her room, grabbed up her straw cowboy hat and it was on! This kid cracks me up on a regular basis. She is Sassy with a Capital S!

Well folks, there you go.  Something to look at from my life.  Thanks for the prayers, thanks for the happy thoughts and comments - I appreciate it! :)

1 comment:

  1. I like this happy post! Macy loving the quilt and claiming it as her own is my favorite part. ;) Those girls...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...