Saturday, December 22, 2012

Joy! to the world!

Find this awesome gift here

I spent time this morning re-reading my letter from Friday.  And I was pretty down about Christmas. Not that I'm retracting this - nope, because I do believe gift-giving has gotten so out-of-hand that the focus is completely shifted to the materialistic aspect of the holiday and not the true meaning of CHRISTmas.  Add to this the sadness of unhappy events, like Sandy Hook, my family stresses, etc etc and Christmas can turn into one giant stressball.

But, I am taking a moment to shout in my head, "JOY TO THE WORLD! THE LORD IS COME!"  Joy!!! Joy joy joy! God shared His sweet baby boy with us to give us a path into heaven to be with Him! How totally joyous is that! It's amazing. Wonderful. Awesome.

So today, I'm wrapping up my wrapping (HAHAH! ... sorry), I am cleaning up the mess that all this wrapping has created, I may do some baking and I'm going to savor the holidays.  Stressball, be gone with you.  You aren't what the holidays are all about.

And Heaven and Nature Sing...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding us for the reason of the season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...