Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Greetings!

It's Christmas night - about 8:20 p.m. - and I'm enjoying the sounds of the Raleigh Hand Bell Choir as I enjoy the last few hours of Christmas. With the snow quietly falling in the night, it seems like a perfect ending to what has been a doozy of a holiday for our family.  Most of us have been or are currently sick. Flu, sinus, sore throats, we've got a bit of it all.  But it's still been a very special Christmas that will be remembered for years to come.

Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday of all. I'd gladly skip Thanksgiving to get to Christmas decorating faster. What am I saying? I do skip decorating for Thanksgiving and decorate for Christmas sooner than most people. That's a lot of work for only a month.

Oh! They are playing one of my favorites - Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies! *sigh* Love it.

Ok, on to a few photos from my holidays. 

Yes, this is a deer with a hitch up its butt. Cracked me up. When you put on brakes, the deer's arms and legs twitch madly and the target lights up. The owner said it was a gag gift, but I'm loving it.

The other is a pic of my Raggedy Andy salt dough ornament. When a sick 8-year-old starts to feeling better, you better have something ready for her to do. In our case, it was making ornaments for everyone in the family. I realize Andy has a large hole in the middle of his forehead, but I try to overlook this issue.

I realize the pics may be a bit blurry. They are taken with my phone. When you live out in the sticks and have to use dial-up for your Internet connection, you do whatever it takes to survive. In my case, it's use my phone to make pics small enough to even be considered for uploading.

Alrighty folks, I hope your holidays have been as blessed and as special as mine. I can't express how thankful I am for all I've been given and this Christmas season has proven it over and over again.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...