Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thirty Things on Thursday

Today's Question: 

19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
Right where I am.  I love being steps away from my sister & nieces, my mom & dad.  If I had a larger house right on this same spot, it would come with stipulations - like I'd want someone to clean it for me, too.  So I'd even keep my little house that I am totally in love with.

I dated a guy who completely could not understand why I would want to live in my parents' front yard.  He'd tell me I didn't REALLY live on my own, I lived in fear of my parents' opinions, I couldn't be myself. Blah blah blah. Why didn't I move, live away from them, experience what it was really like to be independent.  Blah blah blah.

Why would I want to move away from the people who love me most just to experience life without them? Life without them will come soon enough. I don't need to live in an apartment surrounded by strangers to feel independent.   I don't need the freedom to "do what I want" ... if I want to do something that I wouldn't want them to see, should I be doing it anyway? Probably not. So I don't feel stifled or smothered. At least, not often. :)

If you want to see the beginning of this line of questioning, please feel free to click here to see the first posting. Question 20 will be coming up next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...