I'm very excited and would love to hear how ya'll celebrate Christmas. Especially if you know traditions outside of the norm, as I'd love to share them with my niece (how Christmas is celebrated around the world). I think it would be educational and fun. :) So if you aren't tagged, feel free to play along anyway.
SO: Let me start with the questions.
1) What makes Christmas such a special holiday for you and your family. Even as a child I understood Christmas was about the birth of Jesus. We did have Santa, but we knew this baby was a miracle sent from heaven and that was the real celebration. Christmas is my favorite because I love the music, the joy and happiness, people's feeling of giving to others... it's beautiful. And I love being with my family.
2) Were you told the truth about Santa Claus by your parents or did you find out another way? And...do you plan on lying to your kids (if you have them or plan on having them)? I'm pretty sure my brother spilled the beans on this one. I think he said something to the effect of, "You know mom and dad bring the presents down out of the attic, right?" Obviously, I wasn't devastated by this news. I do play Santa with Muffin, but I don't think she cares if Santa is real or not, as long as her gifts include wet food by Whiskas.
3) Real tree or fake tree? Growing up we ALWAYS had a real tree. Sometimes cut down from the woods behind the house, sometimes from a tree farm (just depending on the money situation at that time.) Now, I'm all about fake. I do miss the smell of a real tree, but I don't miss getting down on all fours and trying to get water into the stand, only to watch Muffin drink it all out.
4) Do you open presents on Christmas morning, Christmas Eve, or both? Growing up, we opened two presents on Christmas Eve - one from my parents and one from my siblings. Now that I'm grown up, I wait until Christmas morning. :)
5) What is your favorite Christmas movie to watch? Favorite Christmas song? I love Christmas Vacation. LOVE IT. As for song... that's tough because I adore Christmas music all year long. But I probably like the Sugarplum Fairies, O Come O Come Emmanuel, or Sleigh Ride.
Who should I tag? (don't you feel a bit like you are being chosen for Red Rover or Kick Ball - gosh I hated Red Rover). Ok, here are the peeps I choose!
Danielle at Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl
Carrie at The Carrie Gland
(Mom-To-Be) Monica at Captivated by Love
(Mom-To-Be) Marie at Home is Where the Heart is
(Mom-To-Be) Anne at The Three B's