Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Good Advice.


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway.
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
                                                                                            --Eleanor Roosevelt
I adore Eleanor Roosevelt. In another life I was a travel agent. A travel agent who had never been on a cruise ship or a plane. A travel agent who had no idea what I was doing in the travel world. A few people became snarly as I tried to learn the ropes and really upset me. I felt like a failure.
The person who I was replacing wrote on a Post-it note
and taped to my computer this quote:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
                                             --Eleanor Roosevelt
And this started my adoration of Eleanor Roosevelt.
I could say some really ugly things here about my day. But I won't. Because it doesn't matter.  I will continue to do what is in my heart.  I'm sorry some people don't approve of my methods or actions - but understand this: you are but one voice in a crowd of thousands, and the voice in my heart sings louder than them all. I may have lost my confidence for a moment, but it's back. :)  
 Her words are wise -- there are more to be enjoyed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...