Tuesday, August 8, 2023

First Quarter /Half Review

 Is anyone else so dang tired it's hard to keep putting one foot in front of the other? I overslept TWO HOURS this morning! Which reminds me, I need to check my alarms and make sure I haven't messed them up. I swear, I change things on my phone in my sleep. 

I'm totally in disbelief that we are already into April 2023. That doesn't seem possible! First quarter - GONE. So what happened in the first three months of 2023? Come along for the ride!

January: Mom's birthday (she turned 29 again!). It was tough, as you can imagine not having her husband there after 50+ years of birthdays together. But all in all, we are doing ok, including mom.  

I finally met my Charlotte co-workers as we returned to office 3/5 days. It's interesting getting to know people completely via a voice through Skype with little thumbnail pics to look at.  Occasionally we'll have video on, but it's not often. I am VERY fortunate to have the awesome team I do, because they are the best people. Even if there are a few I still haven't met yet. It's ok, they are still super cool people.

Leave it to us to celebrate the gingerbread house decorating a wee bit after Christmas, but it was still very fun! I love giving Macy these great memories of doing things like this with her mom, MawMaw and Aunt Beth. (Will add pics later) 

So I just discovered this in AUGUST. That it wasn’t completed or posted. Sorry about that (I apologize to myself)… 

Feb 11-18 was an epic adventure/road trip all across the Gulf Coast and meeting my penpal for the first time!!! That’s for another post but so amazing. 

Then in May we flew to LAX and drove to San Diego! Another great trip - I’m loving all the travel! 

June = beach trip with the family to Pawley’s Island! And somewhere in there I received a promotion at work. And bought a new hybrid Honda CRV. 

Which brings us to August. It is hot. Stormy. And the kids go back to school tomorrow. ;) One of the last photos I have of Dad is Macy’s first day of 5th grade. He came over to see her off. He looked so tired. As I made Macy’s sign for tomorrow, I couldn’t help but think about that. 

Because it’s 2am I should probably get some sleep. I’ll fill in some of these blanks later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...