Friday, March 4, 2016

Sleeplessness Sucks

I hate not being able to sleep. I woke up at 11:30 with my glasses on and the lamp on. Settled in properly to only wake up again at 2:00 am and not go back to sleep. Ugh. A coworker and I were saying today how getting enough sleep really impacts your health. And you have to retrain your body to want to sleep. Mine hasn't learned yet.


Y'all know I'm crazy for my nieces. Sweet Niece #1 turned FOURTEEN in February. Heaven help. It's hard to believe. Next year she starts high school. HIGH SCHOOL. Unbelievable. Already we see less of her, but she's a busy teen now. 

 This poor girl - she told PawPaw she was seeing "sun horns."  Since she already has eye issues we are concerned about, mom made an appointment with the eye dr immediately. We were so worried it was a detached retina. Not sure why there was a massive delay at the dr but she and mom were there FOUR HOURS.  A three-year-old. In a doctor's office. For four hours! She was exhausted, starving, stressed, just wiped out when they left. She slept all the way home and then on PawPaw's lap for several hours. The doctor thinks it's visual migraines. Her mama and daddy both get horrible migraines but PawPaw only gets the visual part. Hopefully, Macy won't inherit the headaches. 

If you have a little one in your life, you probably are familiar with Reading Across America and Dr. Seuss' birthday. Macy has preschool two days a week. One day she was to dress like her favorite Dr. Seuss character. She insisted on THING 2. Not Thing 1 because Thing 1 is the crazy one. She wanted to be Thing 2. And I thought she was an adorable Thing 2. (The other day this week she was to wear green for Green Eggs and Ham day).  

I'm doing a morning devotional that is emailed to me from GIG (Girlfriends In God). I've done it on and off again but I really do gain a lot from it. And they refer back to the scriptures which I believe is so important. 

In several places I keep seeing two messages: find joy in adversity and be positive in all situations.  It's tough. As one person said it, "Don't waste the hurt - learn what God is trying to teach you through it!"  

I've tried to make a concious choice throughout my day to be quieter, less sarcastic and less judgemental. I keep telling myself: reflect God in your actions, Beth. You are all some people know of Him. Give thanks. Know He will pull you through every trial and hardship in His way and in His time. It's still tough but with that in mind, there is always hope. 

Well it's now 4:30 am. Might as well get up an sew a bit. Accomplish something other than wadding up my blankets in a tangled mess. Y'all have a great weekend. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry about your sleeplessness, Beth. I know of what you speak. I remember Psalm 127:2. The last part says He gives sleep to his beloved. I pray and ask Him to settle my mind and give me rest. I hope you get some sleep tonight. (I know you've been busy with all the primary stuff. I hope it will settle down some. For a little while anyway. ;))

    Happy birthday to niece #1. What's her birthday again? She and Ethan are the same age. And I cannot believe he will be in high school next year either.

    Bless her heart. Poor Macy. I pray she won't inherit those headaches either. She sure is an adorable Thing 2! Can there be such a thing? Yes, I think there can.

    (One of the grands was in my bedroom with their mama while she was on the phone last night. While there "someone" put Donnie's alarm clock under the bed and pushed the tab to set it. It went off at 5:15 and took me five minutes to find the thing!! It was Hollis so I know he didn't do it on purpose, but for a minute there I thought Donnie was playing a horrible trick on me!) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...