Monday, November 23, 2015

Countdown to Thanksgiving

It's Monday morning, crazy early. Another sleepless morning so another blog post!

Life is rocking along. I think we've had so many things happen we are pre-programmed to expect the worst. But seriously, we are doing ok! So thankful. 

Speaking of thankful, I started back listing things I was thankful for each day because I needed to focus on the blessings instead of the bad. I've done pretty good. Here are a few: 

Clay met Katie and I at the hospital so we could visit with the boys. I'm crazy about them. And they are continuing to grow - Liam is over 4 pounds and Kellan is over 3! Please keep them in your prayers. 

Macy's glasses are working! She had an eye exam and her vision is improving. So thankful - so so so thankful!! 

The beautiful fall around here. I have really enjoyed the colors and crisp air. Most of the leaves are gone so when you do find a tree with brilliant colors it's a treat. 

I've taken several days off from work to play with Macy, work on the house, sew, shop for fabric, etc. It was very needed. 

Mom made isolette covers for the twins and the need for more was very apparent. The ladies at church have really taken to this project and want to have folks meet at the church and sew up several to donate to the NICU! I'm so excited! And I have finished my first one. 


The backing is dark to block light. I used prequilted fabric to avoid using batting but the quilting helps muffle noise. The outside is cute to brighten up mommy and daddy's visit :)  I pray God blesses this project and makes it successful. It will greatly impact families in the NICU. 

As I'm flipping through my journal, I'm reading back over the verses I wrote down :

James 1:17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. 

Psalm 30:12 That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. Oh Lord my God; I will give thanks to You forever. 

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. 

Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to The Lord, for He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting. 

Good stuff. 

Ok photo time. 


My siblings and I at the hospitail visiting the boys. My brother - the new Daddy!

Macy and I made cookies! She surprised me with how well she did in the kitchen. So much fun!

AH made the basketball team! Number 33 - we are ready to cheer her on!  Go girl, get out there and hustle!

Macy and the Salvation Army Red Kettle. The volunteer let her ring the bell afterwards. Gotta teach them young about giving back!

In case I don't post again until after Thanksgiving- y'all have a great holiday and truly take time to give thanks!  <3

1 comment:

  1. This was so good to read, Beth! Encouraging and uplifting stuff. I'm so glad the twins are doing well. And Macy is the cutest in those glasses. Happy those are working for her. You go, girl, on the sewing project! You've taken off with all the sewing! I have to make myself sit and sew nowadays. It always happens this time of year when I need to sew most. You've given me inspiration to get back in there! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving, Beth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...