Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Good Morning, Sunshines!

I've written several posts - never posted them.  I'm not sure why I'm losing interest in blogging because I do really enjoy it.  Whatever the reason, I'll try to do better but know better than to make any promises. :)

I did start a blog post about Charleston. Being a Sandlapper (native SC gal) and loving this city so very much... my heart was broken and hurting so bad over the shooting in the church.  So many levels it just ripped me up.  So thankful for the love these families showed to the world.  So much to learn from their forgiveness.  Like I said, I wanted to write but honestly didn't have the words to say. Just please pray for these families and for our country in general.

So I shared the beach pics and Macy's Hello Kitty pics in my last post.  She did have an actual party that we had to move last minute due to the incredible heat wave that hit the South.  It just wasn't possible to have these kids sweltering outside in the heat, so we called a local church and moved it indoors.  So thankful, it would have been miserable otherwise.

Rainbow theme!  So glad we had streamers to make it more festive. 
We found Pin the Tail on the Donkey! The kids did surprisingly well!
She didn't know what to do with all the attention on her while we sang Happy Birthday to her! 
Macy and her cousin, Chloe, playing with party blowers. 
Presents! We are so proud of how she shared and let others play with her gifts.
She's grown so much from last year where no one could touch her stuff. Thank goodness!
Anything else interesting I can share with you? Hm... let's see. Let's go to my photos and see what else we've been up to lately... Fourth of July! I don't have a lot of pics but a few.

Cousins Meghan, Rylan, Emmett and Wade with Macy
Macy was so happy to have a playmate!
Cousin Hugs!
Watermelon.  This child loves watermelon!
Fireworks. The only halfway decent pic I got. Macy fell in love with fireworks and sparklers. 

Ok, so there are the pics I can share with you.  Otherwise, I have a favor to ask.  I'm getting back into the same boat I was in this time last year with abdominal pains for no apparent reason.  It's pretty much a constant ache with more intense aches at night.  Lots of fun, let me tell you.  I've tried to get in to see my doctor earlier, but no dice.  So can you say a prayer that God would direct the doctors to the problem and provide them with a solution? I do appreciate it.

This is a verse that hit me yesterday:

Be cheerful no matter what; thank God no matter what happens.  This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.  1 Thes 16-18

So... that is what I'm trying to do.  Be thankful even in the discomfort because for some reason, this is God's plan for me.  I don't know what the reason is right now, but I'm trying my best to put it in His hands and have faith.

So there is my life in a nutshell.   :)  And maybe I'll do better at this blog thing. :)




1 comment:

  1. I've missed your posts. Sweet birthday pictures! Time is flying by, isn't it? She's 3! The Charleston situation...I feel the same. No words, just prayers for the families. Do you have any kind of allergies? I'll be praying they figure out what's bothering you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...