Wednesday, June 10, 2015

REST

So last post life was a Merry-go-round and there was no getting off. Then what does my devotion bring to me? Rest in God is a powerful tool to prepare you for the ways He will use you in His work. Rest. Not just sleeping in, but spending quiet reflective time in His word. I hope I've been doing that this week. I've filled up my journal with prayers and reflections  this week and spend leisurely time just soaking God into my heart. It's good.

Right this second I'm listening to birds outside my window and I have baby sweet niece hogging a king sized bed. How someone so little can push me over to the very edge is just baffling. Earlier she karate chopped my throat then gave me an uppercut punch! It was time to shove her over. ;) 



The girls are enjoying summer like they should - by devouring deliciously grilled corn on the cob. Both those girls can put a hurtin' on some corn, let me tell you. 

Did I show you this pic already? She was learning about sun and shade, so we stopped for a rest in the shade as we walked back to her house from Mom's. So cute. So so so cute!

We had one more heck of a storm here last night. Lightning was a little in the strong side - flicked the power a few good times. Just enough to send the clocks flashing all through the house. 

I hope y'all are having a beautiful week and enjoying the summer weather before the heat really cranks up. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love that last photo! Adorable. No storms here last night. They skirted around us. The humid, hot summer weather is creeping up on us. But that's life in SC, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...