Friday, April 10, 2015

Wandered away

Katie did great in surgery - thank you for your prayers. This one was much better than the last one over the summer except the migraine that had her so sick from 10 am - 1 pm before they gave her anything. We are so hopeful things will calm down for them!


Yesterday was my brother-in-law's 40th birthday. He hit it five months before me so I've been giving him a hard time :) here is the cake I made - kinda like an oversized shortcake. It was pretty good. 

A leftover Easter pic of my cousin's son and Macy. Love his expression. He isn't totally sold on hugging his cousin, is he? 

My devotional this morning was about how we sometimes feel God has left us and we think, "God!  Where are you!!" The example they used was of a small child in Walmart. They kept telling him to stay with them and yet something would catch his attention and keeping up with his parents was the last thought on his mind. Finally, the father got out of sight I the son and watched as, once his curiosity over the latest distraction was satisfied, the son realized he was alone. And he freaked, of course. The father reappeared and emphasized again, you must stay with us in the store. Etc etc. 

The example to show us when we feel like God isn't right here with us, it isn't because He has left us, but because we have strayed from His side. Something has caught our attention and distracted us from the path. It's so easy to do, isn't it? To wander off, then look around and wonder what happened. But the whole time, God is there, waiting for us to come back to Him. 

I thought it was such a simple but powerful message. Decided to share. :)

Since I have a meeting about two hours from here today, I should get moving. Y'all have a great weekend and again, thank you for your prayers for my sister an for me. :) 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your sister's surgery went well. I pray things will be much better for her. That story about the boy in Walmart could have been written about me and Jacob. He learned his lesson well and never wandered off again. In fact, he was nearly glued to me in stores after that. I never thought of it in the way that we wander away from God. Good lesson for us all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...