Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yes, I felt it.

So yesterday was the first confirmed earthquake I've felt.  A little shakey shakey while sitting at my desk at work. My coworker and I looked at each other, looked outside at the fact there was NO wind, and hesitantly asked, is this an earthquake?

Nothing bad enough to freak out about, but kinda interesting all the same.  Twitter lit up with all kinds of comments which confirmed our theory.  (If I ever want to know what's going on, I hit Twitter really quick to see what the buzz is... and usually I'll find my answer!)

I do feel bad for those folks closer to the center.  Seems some of the older buildings are damaged, which makes me sad.  Such history, workmanship, pride, artistry - damaged in just 30 seconds of shaking. I hope they are able to repair things quickly.

Any interesting "I survived the great earthquake" stories out there, my imaginary friends? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...