Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thirty Things on Thursday - 11

Thirty Things on Thursday - Question 11: Describe 10 pet peeves you have.


  1. Noise. No really, I'm loud and I understand other people are too, but noise really gets to me. 
  2. People calling me Honey, Sugar, Darling, Sweetie... please stop. It really doesn't make me happy. 
  3. Grocery store aisle hoggers. You know who I'm talking about, don't you?
  4. Anyone making fun of Southerners. In person, in movies, in tv - this really pisses me off. 
  5. People who call me closed minded for having a set of beliefs that I live my life by - even if I'm not perfect and I fail at it frequently.  The deal is - how are you not being closed minded by demanding I believe just like you? I won't push my beliefs on you and I expect you to have the same respect.  It doesn't mean I won't like you as a person,I  just won't agree with everything you believe in. (and you know what, it's ok. You don't believe everything I believe in, either, so aren't we kinda on the same page here? Maybe?) 
  6. Know-it-alls. 
  7. Please don't tell me how to run my life, what I should do, how I should do it. I'm ok, I'm a grown adult, I'm living all by myself and doing ok at it. I truly don't need you to tell me how to function in my day-to-day life. I'm good. Promise. 
  8. My mouth. My very own mouth is my pet peeve because I talk too much. It gets me into trouble and if there is one thing I'm focused on changing right now, it would be that. 
  9. Always negative and angry people.  There is no sunshine. All is gloom and doom. I've been this person before. And sometimes I slip back into being this person. And it's horrible. No one wants to be around this person and I don't like being that way... so I'm constantly making efforts to be positive and thankful. 
  10. Jealousy.  We all experience it for more than just having someone looking at our significant others. I've had some folks jealous of my college degree. Or of my family-life. Or of my (fill in the blank here).  Try being happy for people instead....
And there you go. I'm sure I could find more... trust me. But there is a good start.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...