Tuesday, October 23, 2012

2 more weeks

Two weeks...that's all that is left of this misery. Two. Weeks.

I never imagined an office job requiring 10, 12, 14 hour days, seven days a week. But that's been my reality for a while now. I leave at 7:30 am and get home around 10:00, 10:30, 10:45 pm. And there is no break-no chance to eat lunch for all the phone calls, people in the office, to do lists. Yesterday, we voted over 200 people in office, hundreds of ballots were sent by mail. I didn't track how many phone calls I took, but I'll try to do that today.

In between are people who know me coming into the office and wanting to ask about dad, so you have to balance their concern and sympathy with the knowledge that you are keeping people waiting on the phones and leaving your co worker to answer everything.

Sunday, we took off. We haven't had a day off in weeks. So I spent Sunday at church, surrounded by prayers for dad. I was so exhausted I couldn't tell you what was preached, focusing wasn't much of an option for me. But it was nice to be back in church. You don't realize how much you miss it until it's gone.


The Hagy Ladies getting ready for church.


We are at mom and dad's, so yummy to have home cooked food and not a burger. I was so happy to have some time with AH, my niece that I haven't really spent any time with in months. She is becoming a teenager but is still a little girl, too.


She and cousin Kenzie raked up leaves to jump into over and over again. Then they made smores over the fire pit until they ran out of marshmallows.



Can you see the leaves changing? I've almost missed fall this year, which makes me sad. Next year I am planning to attend some fall festivals to make up for it. But this Sunday spent with family was great, especially being outside on a perfect fall day.

The problem came about yesterday when none of us wanted to come back to work. The small taste of normalcy had us wanting to bail on work and stay home! :)

So we just have to remember: two more weeks. Just in time for some holiday cooking...two more weeks.
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...