Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I am in CHARGE and I choose... PEACE!

source

Holy Cow, have you been through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class? Whew. It's good but holy cow, it's actual WORK.  And I'm single - I can't imagine bringing a hubby to the table and getting the two of us agree to a budget.  Of course, being single I am stuck being the "Free Spirit" and the "Nerd" in one lovely bundle.

So I finally got myself logged on, downloaded the budgeting forms and started dissecting my spending.  1) I'm a total foodie and I eat way too much.  Both grocery store spending and eating out is crazy insane.  2) I am so happy I don't have debt, such as credit cards and student loans.  That actually made me feel pretty good! I'm still struggling to make ends, even after the cuts, but who isn't?  I'm watching my insurance prices go up up up, the cost of groceries and gas going up up up and my salary isn't going anywhere. *sigh*

But with all this in mind, let me give you my recommendation:  I feel empowered.  I am the ultimate HATER of budgets, but you know what, I'm enjoying this.  I AM IN CHARGE OF MY MONEY.  I am not a victim of circumstances, I am looking at the income I have and I am deciding where it goes! 

I can't say enough good things about this.  I went from being afraid to look at my bank statement (I've never in my soon to be 38 years balanced a check book. No, seriously) to looking at every line items, putting it in a category, deciding what I have to cut back on, mapping out when things are due/drafted, putting a limit on what I can spend in the grocery store, I mean, I'M TAKING CHARGE.

Find your closest class HERE
It feels good.  I hope you'll join me in this power high!  Check out Dave's website and see if there is a class near you.  I had the materials from three years ago when I signed up and didn't do this class (bad Bethie) so I'm using old materials and it's fine.  You will need to call them to get set up for the online info.  If you have an old packet, call them and you can get an upgrade to the new packet for a little less money than a first time buyer (because you've already bought one packet at the full price.  It's just a little old now).

Ok ok, enough.  Anyone else out there who has found this class to be beneficial?  How about letting me hear an Amen here!



2 comments:

  1. I''ve been updating a budget spreadsheet I created, as I spend this month, and I'm with you - it scary and I spend most of my money on food and eating out! UGH. However, it is good to know where my money goes...and next month, I plan to work on telling it WHERE to go instead of flying at the seat of my pants just because it's there.

    So glad to hear you're having a great experience though! We love Dave here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I''ve been updating a budget spreadsheet I created, as I spend this month, and I'm with you - it scary and I spend most of my money on food and eating out! UGH. However, it is good to know where my money goes...and next month, I plan to work on telling it WHERE to go instead of flying at the seat of my pants just because it's there.

    So glad to hear you're having a great experience though! We love Dave here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...