Thursday, September 5, 2013

Be Nice.

"B" for Be Nice.  :)    Source

Be nice, people.  Seriously, just be nice.

I'm not going into the details, but let's just say I realize how painful senseless gossip can be.  We all do it.  I'm guilty of it, too.  But when the tables were turned, I felt the sting of chit chat that doesn't fall under the THINK category. You know, the

T - is it True?
H - is it Helpful?
I - is it Inspiring?
N - is it Necessary?
K - is it Kind?

Yeah, if you live your life with these five in mind, you'll discover most of the talk talk talking that is done isn't True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary and/or Kind.

It's not like I haven't known this forever. Or written about it here several times... like here and here. So it's not like I am not already aware of how important being nice is... but I still slip and spread gossip like anyone else.  So although I am currently hurting and sad, I'm also understanding that I've hurt others in the past, too.

Yesterday was a rough day - a painful day with emotions running high.  Last night, when I settled down to do my devotion, this is what I read:

"Don't retaliate when people say unkind things about you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God wants you to do, and he will bless you for it" 1 Peter 3:9

Well, there you go.  I felt like I had also acted very inappropriate in being so upset.  So today is a new day and I'm going to do better. I'm asking God to help me do better.  To offer blessings instead of smackdowns. :)

So that's my neck of the woods - what's happening in yours?

Don't forget my birthday wish - check it out here!


2 comments:

  1. I needed to read that today. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you're feeling better. Grace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...