Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Muses.

So what did my mind wander about this weekend?

-- True Love is Beautiful.  I attended a wedding of this couple that are so totally and completely in love. The wedding was So Simple and you know what, it was ten times as beautiful because of it. All you could see was the Bride, the Groom and their Love. They totally glowed with it. And were so gracious in speaking to everyone, so thankful to each person for sharing an afternoon and a lifetime moment with them. Truly, it was beautiful.

-- People who honestly understand God's Blessings amaze me.  A lady who has been seriously sick for 2+ years, in and out of the hospital, lost half of her kidneys, liver, and more - all her reproductive organs - she shared with me how God has blessed her.  She has been in and out of the hospital for years, 22 days, 15 days, you get the picture ... her bills are sky-high. And she's sharing how blessed she is for now understanding how people with serious health issues deal with them. Especially those with children, and she's thankful to understand their struggles now. Wow. She gets it in a way I haven't opened up to yet. I have a lot to learn.

-- Don't kiss off people just because they are leaving your life or you are leaving theirs. Minimize the hard feelings and let it go.  Trust me, there is a strong possibility they'll pop back up at some point and you may regret the actions of the past.  Hmmm... yeah.

So there. That's what I've had ping ponging about in my mind. :)

How was your weekend? In addition to the wedding and working on scrapbooks, I shopped with my sister and Macy and I skipped my 20th high school reunion this weekend.  I kinda felt down for a moment about skipping the reunion, but when I saw they were still up at 6:15 a.m. the next morning, I realized it wasn't a bad thing to miss it at all.  Not many of my old peeps were there, and I don't really share anything with these people anymore. No hard feelings (remember what I just said!) but it's ok I didn't go.  Maybe next time - the 50th or something.


2 comments:

  1. I've skipped all my reunions. I really hated high school, no since in reliving that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somewhat disagree with the third one. There are times when cutting someone out of your life is necessary. Sometimes an unhealthy, emotionally-damaging relationship is not worth the damage, or the awkward tension of pretending that everything is okay.

    I heard a funny quote about high school reunions (not sure who said it): "If I haven't talked to you in twenty years, there's probably a reason!" But I sort of want to attend one, just because I am curious about how some people turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...