Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday's Letters

Hello weekend! I see you peeping around the corner... don't worry, I'll get you soon!

Dear Flu - you are ruining everyone's happiness around here.  First you attacked my b-i-l, which made sweet niece very unhappy since she was banned from the house. She REALLY missed her Daddy.  Then you attack the babysitter, but only after Macy was already there for the day. Oops. That visit was cut short. So how about packing your bags and moving on outta here, ok?

Dear Christmas - I'm almost ready for you.  Almost. I need to get two more gifts and do a lot of wrapping to be totally ready.  And make lots of cookies, which starts tonight! Hopefully Sweet Niece #1 will be able to help me this weekend.

Dear God - You really answered prayers for my family this week.  Dad continues to be bladder cancer free, based on his test this week - THANK YOU! and other blessings I am so very thankful for... Thank you, Lord.

Dear Book of Job - you are killing me.  Man, I just ache with sadness reading this book! I'm doubling up on my reading, trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel.  One thing I did learn, however, is more often than not, the best thing you can do to be a good friend is to listen and pray.  "O that you would be completely silent, and that it would become your wisdom!" Job 13:5  As Charles Stanley writes, "Very often - more frequently that we know - our best counsel and most helpful advice is to say precisely nothing.  'Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is considered wise; when he closes his lips, his is considered prudent.' Proverbs 17:28 "

Dear friend - Thank you for my surprise at my desk this week!!! I called in Monday so I could go to the doctor and hopefully get some meds (I did, but they are so powerful they scare the dickens out of me, so I won't take them anymore!) - as I ran by the office to get packages, I discovered this SUPER COOL SCARF on my desk! Whoa... you rock for this! Thank you Thank you Thank you! (and thanks to photo programs that hide the spots on my two front teeth. Awesome!)

Dear Prayer Peeps - anyone that is a praying person, our church seems to have been hit with sickness and sadness lately.  I've also had personal prayer requests that a few of you know about. So Prayer Peeps, please pray for my personal family and church family, if you don't mind. God will understand your intent  :)  Thank you.

Well folks, I hope you have a festive weekend of family and friend fun.  Hopefully I'll take more pics this coming week to make these posts more exciting! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...