Monday, February 6, 2012

Frame of Affection

A wonderful friend of mine celebrates her birth in June, however, I seem to always miss her actual birthday with my present. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with me, but I'm forever running late with my gift.  This past year, she received it about Christmas time, which means I had to explain it wasn't a Christmas gift, but her birthday gift. *sigh* I'm sorry, Sherry, one day I will get my life together, which in turn means you'll get your birthday present in June. :)

Anyway, her gifts are always a mishmash of nonsense. This time it was a Thankful Journal, a silly book and other randomness, including this Frame of Affection.




My mom, sister and I go to the Shelby Pottery Show every year, absolutely love it. It was there I found these three itty bitty bowls with Faith, Hope and Love stamped in them.  I loved the colors and the words and it just seemed to be perfect for Sherry, my friend.  I had thoughts of putting them on a wooden background, but that changed later. The panoramic frame worked perfect - but what to put behind it?

Just so happens I had a bag from an Etsy purchase made from two super cool pieces of paper sewn together to create the bag.  I kept it, thinking it would come in handy one day.  Tada! This was the day! I thought the coolness of the bag worked awesome with the colors of the bowls!


Add some super glue and it's done! :)  I loved it. And I hope she loved it, too.  She almost didn't get it... I wanted to keep it for myself! But it was my Frame of Affection, created from beginning to end with Sherry in mind, so it was meant to be given to her. *love*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...