When things don't go psycho crazy like they did for us! Despite all the weird happenings, we brought back so many wonderful happy memories of being a family, it was a week of blessings!
Ok, so the funny things are those that go whack-o, right? Like:
- As I'm driving down there, I can feel my face exploding with zits. It was crazy. I haven't had this much trouble since high school and really didn't care to revisit those days.
- Then, I suppose from sitting with my legs smooched together for 5 hours driving, I developed a few painful bumps on the inside of my upper legs. Which required band aids to keep my pants from rubbing against and hurting like a mamajama. And those band aids were great fun to pull off at the end of the day.
- Then, I got the stomach virus one night. Serious fun.
- Katie, poor girl, got stung by a jelly fish. Do not pee on jelly fish stings - that's a myth (I looked it up online, not that we tested it out!) If you trust the locals, use vinegar and meat tenderizer - it seemed to work for her. Hooray!
- Mom's back went out, which made for a rough and painful end of the trip and ride home for her. She's still trying to get that straightened out.
- Roger got fried up nice and crispy during his beach swim with AH and ended up coated in aloe.
- Both mine and Katie's home alarms went off, giving us both quite a fright! Thankfully, it was the pet sitter, who I'm sure also received quite the fright, along with all our animals.
Because you know I have to torture you with pics, enjoy these FEW handpicked ones ... I could make you look at all 1.5 million so be thankful I narrowed it down! :)
|AH and Katie - two silly girls on the beach!|
|Three generations at the SC Aquarium in Charleston|
|Mom after a walk on the beach|
|Beach Girls at sunset (AH and Katie)|
|AH and Roger on the front porch, taken through the door|
|Sandy feet of a happy beach girl!|
|MiMaw and AH|
|AH, MiMaw and Papa George|
|My fav pic - Roger and AH|
Good times, good times. We are already making plans for next year - I think it's wonderful we can all enjoy each other's company while taking time out for ourselves. :)