Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Small Things.

I do love the small things. I try hard to appreciate those simple and free everyday things - maybe I don't succeed on a daily basis but as frequently as possible. The beauty in a star-filled night or the texture of the flowers or the colors of autumn leaves.  How the sun streams through the clouds or the water drops on Spring blossoms.

So this picture, taken by Gary on our tour of Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens, just tickles me pink. 



I will admit, I shamelessly stole it from him. I hope he'll forgive me. But I wanted to share it with you, because it makes me so happy.  The color on the wings - that is all natural! So pretty. To think it started out as a slimy icky worm. I like it much better now!

Gary and I had a great time at Daniel Stowe - a place that you need to add to your list of things to do if you are in the area.  The flowers are amazing, butterflies flitting around and water fountains everywhere. Our cell phones didn't work, which I considered a blessing because nothing could distract us from the relaxing joy of being in such a beautiful environment.


We both took a million pictures because everything just seemed so alive and healthy and vibrant! I could post two dozen and not begin to hit the highlights, but I won't torture you like that.  Here are a few of mine, and then one he took of me. :)



Can you tell I like pink?  I didn't realize just about every flower I photographed was pink!


Someone is sneaking pictures when I'm not looking!

Happy Hump Day, everyone!  I'll be posting VERY sporadically since I'm heading on a train ride to visit my friend in Alabama.  Heck, maybe I'll be posting more, who knows! :)  But regardless, I'll share all about my trip when I'm back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...