Friday, December 9, 2011

Simple Words.


Buy your own plaque here.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  - Jeremiah 29:11

Some days are difficult. Some days are trying, trying of my patience, my happiness, my goodwill towards others, my energy, my everything-that-is-good.  Just trying. Those days are tough to turn around and overcome to see a brighter side. And sometimes, it seems an entire row of these days stand in line to smack me backwards again and again until I wonder when it is going to end?

Then someone will give a positive comment or a word of encouragement. A note will come in the mail that lights up my world, or a simple stranger's compliment will beam like a ray of sunshine in the dark.  Those moments are more meaningful because they are so very needed at that point.

I think God brings those people and those moments to us.  He doesn't want me to be sad and down, but sometimes he uses that emotion to make me see Him again.  To remind me He has a plan for me, something greater than I can see with my limited human vision and it's a wonderful plan that is meant just for me, in a beautiful positive way.

An so while I am looking down at the ground with the ho-hum doldrums, God is sending people all along my path to remind me I'm a beautiful child of God! And maybe that isn't how they word it, but I am reminded all along of the special gifts God gave to me that impacts other people everyday. I'm a people person, generally friendly and I like to make people smile and laugh, I like making people feel special and appreciated, so forth and so on. When someone compliments me, they are really complimenting God... so it's a reminder to me as well, to look up and say, "Thanks!"

Happy Friday, friends, I hope you have a beautiful weekend and remember to show someone some love and appreciation. You never know how far it will carry them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...