Tuesday, October 4, 2011

County Fair.



My man and I decided to try out the local county fair yesterday after work.  The weather was crisp and clear and the people were... hmmm... ok well the people were interesting.  But it was just a good time seeing all the lights and glitter, hearing the crazy music and laughter of others caught up in the moment of a carnival. 

I am most definitely NOT a festival rider - I do not get on these machines that are set up one night here and somewhere else tomorrow.  I get completely freaked out that these devices are spinning at alarming speeds with light bulbs burned out and weird creaking noises coming from the machinery... no sir, not me.  So this is about as close as I'll get to a festival ride.  But the monkey was so dang cute - look at him! He is begging for riders!





 
This is more my style - a tractor cleverly designed from an old sewing machine! I enjoy the booths from local community organizations as much as anything.  The gardening clubs, Future Farmers of America, the 4-H groups and so on.  The creativity shown is just amazing.  And I love the arts and crafts competition - to see this isn't quite the dying art that I might have thought it was before seeing their submissions!  Quilting, needlepoint, canned goods, photography, art, pottery and fun crafts like this one.


A NC State Trooper police car - and 1947 something or other.  Isn't that just cool? Now, on to the petting zoo... oh my. The petting zoo portion of this festival...






I usually don't like captive animals. My heart just aches for them seeing them all contained in these small areas and they were just begging for food and attention. AWWW! I wanted to open all the cages and set them all free.  But, I didn't.  This little feller, the llama (I think) made fast friends with Gary.  I mean, he followed Gary around everywhere. Too funny. Or maybe that was the Alpaca? Whatever. We found us several adorably cute friends there that we wanted to bring home. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...