Thursday, January 12, 2012

Breathe. And again.


Get your reminder here
Sometimes it's hard to remember to breathe. Yes, it should come naturally, but in the whirlwind of life, breathing doesn't always happen without a reminder (or so it seems).

It's been a bit like that in our family.  We've seen some bumpy roads this last few months. Nothing too tragic but enough to make you want a hug and a little time to sit down for a second and process.  I think that's what breathing is about - taking a moment to process.

I'm reminded of the Bible versus, "Be still and know that I am God."  Psalm 46:10  Honestly, how can we give our attention to God, listen to Him or see Him, when we are running 90 miles a minute with no letting up?  Even in the midst of the storms, shouldn't we take a breathe and look to the Lord? This simple word, "Breathe," is so much harder than it seems!

I know this is a problem of mine. I feel like I must occupy every moment of my life, from first waiting up and checking text messages, Facebook and Twitter, until the time I go to bed with phone in hand, checking text messages, Facebook and Twitter. Occasionally I will take a moment to write in my Thankful journal (which I adore doing!) and other times I just crash with no distractions whatsoever. My body just can't take anymore and I sleep.

So, I think this is my word for this year. To stop and breathe, and talk to God. I had chosen positive, but for some reason I just wasn't fitting right. But Breathe feels good. It feels like I'm heading the in right direction. It fits just right. :)

1 comment:

  1. I thought about making that my word too! But went with something different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...