Friday, November 18, 2011


These seemingly innocent looking clouds caused three deaths in our community on Wednesday night.  This picture was taken about 5: 30 p.m. and by 5:45 p.m. it was darker than night.  The sirens went off, and stopped. Sirens....and stop.  At least three different occasions.  The tornado warning was suppose to expire by 5:45 p.m. but the tornado didn't hit until 6:00 p.m.  So sad.  So devastating.

It makes you think how quickly life can end.  What loose ends are out there? Who have I not let know how much I love them, how much I care for them? What haven't I told God thank you for? What blessings have I ignored? 

It makes my word for the year, "appreciation," so much more meaningful.  Appreciation for those I love. Appreciation for my blessings.  Appreciation for my safety and the safety of my family.  Appreciation.

Thoughts and prayers to those who lost their loved ones and their homes this week.  And to the rest of us, let us show love and appreciation, even more so, during this Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read all comments and try to respond - by email if you aren't a "no comment" blogger! (Check your settings!) I love feedback so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...